Why work with Avant?
“Your employees did exceptional work and I never saw them without a smile. They are very talented.”-Ken and Marge S.
- Avant Gardening has worked in the Dane County and surrounding communities since 1985
- When you choose Avant, you are choosing a team of professionals
- Our designers are degreed, several are Licensed Landscape Architects
- We have Horticulturalists on staff
- Our philosophy has always been to see ourselves as stewards of the environment
- We recycle much of the debris removed from sites during construction
- We take a natural approach to landscape design, using native plants and with an emphasis on natural stone
- We install high-quality plants, many of which are grown by our nursery
- Avant Gardening offers interesting and creative design solutions
- We provide complete service from landscape design to snow removal
- Our landscapes are built to last a lifetime
- We do not over plant, we plan for a maturing landscape
- We build relationships with our clients, we want to be your resource for all your landscape needs
We are committed to creating environmentally responsible, artistic, sustainable garden spaces while providing a rewarding, safe, and fair work environment for our diverse employees. We’ve been landscaping Madison since 1985.
A Message from the Owner
“When I first developed the Avant concept in 1985, I knew Avant could make a significant contribution to Midwest garden design. Having visited many countries with rich histories in garden design, I came to realize that our region tended to lack the concepts of garden rooms, outdoor niches, vistas, and natural landscapes. Many of the homes and businesses I visited when I started had a few shrubs and maybe some yews and arborvitae as foundation plantings, along with geraniums and daylilies for color. I saw immediately that the Midwest garden was missing an essential element – namely the ground layer of perennial plants to add richness, vibrancy, and year-round interest to the garden. The goal of Avant was then, and still is now, to use all of the colors, surfaces, textures and emotions in our tool box to create artistic, well-layered landscapes that lift up the spirits of those who live with our designs.”
— Liza Lightfoot, President